Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction calculator

Please note that this calculator will estimate any entitlement you may have is based on the accuracy of the information you enter. It is not a guarantee you will qualify for help if you then make a claim


PLEASE NOTE – if you are working age and:

1. not currently receiving Housing Benefit AND;

2. are making your first claim:

you must apply for UNIVERSAL CREDIT to receive support in paying your rent.


This does not apply to you if:

  - you live in Supported or Temporary Accommodation or;

  - you are receiving a Severe Disability Premium in your Housing Benefit, ESA(IR), JSA(IB) or Income Support.

You will need to apply for Housing Benefit to help pay your rent.  More information about this can be found on our website.

You can apply for Council Tax Reduction if you are on a low income and are liable to pay Council Tax. 

Click on the 'start' button below to make a claim.


Start a benefit calculation

Choose this option if you want an estimate of how much Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you may be entitled to. The details that you enter can be added automatically to our online claim form if you then make a claim. IMPORTANT - you cannot claim Housing Benefit if you get Universal Credit, as help with rent will be calculated and paid as part of your Universal Credit award.

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form, not yet submitted - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on
Loading section. Please wait a few moments...Please wait while we search for your details